Thursday 26 January 2012

SOS pads, Vinegar, and Belts

This is more of a blessing for you, not me!

Blessing #7 - Good Water

I have lived my whole life, up until now, with good water from City Services. But our lovely house in Williams Lake is outside of city limits and therefore, runs off of our well! Sadly enough, our well has hard water. Now you may not think that this is that big of a deal but it affects everything.

We have to pour vinegar in our dishwasher to rinse our dishes, or they get water spots on them. If I decide to wash my dishes, I have to dry them right away, or I get water spots. This glorious water also makes my sink spotty and I have to wipe everything with SOS pads.

This also is pretty icky water to drink, mostly because I'm a bit of a water snob, but we have to drink water from the cooler.

We also have the joy of having a septic system, was not a happy camper this week and we had to get it all cleaned out, ew, or it would back up all over our yard and house. YIPPEE!!

Now for a blessing for me, whining time is over :D

Blessing #8 - Success!

As some of you may have read, I have been on Weight Watchers again for a couple of weeks and hippeee hooraaaah it is working. I have lost 8 pounds already! I even had to buy a belt yesterday because my pants were getting too big. YAAAAAAAY! I still have 15 I would like to lose, but I am on my way. I have been pretty lazy on the workout train as well, so if I actually step it up and don't sneaky snack I think I can do it!

The thing I love about Weight Watchers is that it is so doable, and I can eat what I want when I want. I also can eat everywhere, and don't have to buy any food and only pay $20 a month which is most definitely affordable.

My hubs is also doing Weight Watchers, mostly when I'm around so it makes it easier for me to stay on track. He has lost weight too, his little belly is shrinking. YIPPEEE! Which is making it more exciting for him, he doesn't even exercise....silly easy shrinking men. If only it was so easy for everyone!


2 Weeks and I'm back in Surrey! YAAAAAAAAY! I'm quite excited, I'm actually looking forward to rain, how weird is that! I'm also looking forward to warm temperatures!! It has gotten a lot better this week, it is only -6! It is so nice, I can now start my car in a thin sweater, as opposed to having to layer up!

Well, I feel like I have rambled on quite a bit, so I shall pack it in and enjoy my day off but I will leave you with my two favorite weight loss encouragement quotes!

Love food. Love life much more!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Chat soon!!
-Elya

No comments:

Post a Comment