Wednesday 18 January 2012

Blankets, Slippers and Fire

Blessing #6 - HEAT

This week I have become very thankful for heat everywhere, like never before. Being a city girl living through winters of rain this -30 plus wind chill business is a bit of a shock for me. So I am thankful for being able to warm up when I need to. Not necessarily in my car, no matter how long I warm it up for it never seems to be warm enough when I hop in *sigh*

I am also extremely thankful for our wood burning fireplace. I never really cared about them before, but now I LOVE it!! The other night Justin and I roasted marshmallows over the fire in our living room. Which was awesome because there was NO way I was going out to our fire pit at that temperature!

Don't get me wrong, there are some awesome times that go hand in hand with cold weather! We got a group of people and went sledding down a bit hill in town. I felt like I was 8 again, It was fabulous!! Except, my poor little leg muscles did not like walking up the hill again, especially when it is cold. I also got to experience the joy of frozen nostrils, it is awful, you breathe and the moisture in your nostrils makes them stick together.

We also got to put plastic on our windows because our master bedroom windows were only one pane and were frozen, so our bedroom was quite chilly. So we got out the hair dryer and melted the ice and then put up the plastic. Except on one window I was a bit of an eager beaver and put the hair dryer a tad too close to the window....we need to get another one. BIG crack, woops!



The window :)

Here is a video to show you some more fun you can have in the cold! We boiled water and threw it outside!




Needless to say, I am quite looking forward to visiting Surrey again even if it is -9 there! I am coming down February 11-13 using our newly acquired buddy passes. YIPPEE!!

1 comment:

  1. That video is SO awesome!!!! Love it! And roasting marshmallows inside? Sounds awesome... definitely a bonus for the wood burning stove. :o)

    ReplyDelete