Thursday 12 January 2012

A Year of Firsts

Why hello the two people who will probably be reading this :) Welcome to my new blog, what to expect with this puppy I am not too sure, but you can bet it will be entertaining and keep you up to date on my not so crazy life up in "Billy's Puddle" as it is so lovingly called.

This year is a year of many firsts for me, my first year of being married, owning a home, living 6 hours away from the life I knew, writing a blog, traveling across the ocean and many more things I am sure. I am excited for this year though, last year brought lots of changes for me and my life and I have loved every one of them, except the whole being 6 hours away part. So I have decided that I am going to have a blog where I count my blessings, to keep me grounded.

This brings me to Blessing #1: The Big Move.
I was very skeptical about moving to a dinky little town after growing up in Surrey, but I LOVE it! It is so relaxing up here and everything is so laid back, the shopping may not be so great...if the Walmart Supercentre doesn't have it you are out of luck...but I quite enjoy everything else. When you rent a movie at our ONE movie store, you scan your stinking thumbprint!!! I almost died when I first rented a movie, that is something Surrey is lacking! :) I don't think I would move back to Surrey, which is quite sad, but I love it here...I just wish there was less time in between Surrey and Williams Lake

Blessing #2: Cheap Travel
So, we had a marvelous blessing come through for our family this week and I am super stoked, I must share! So my Mom's coworker's mom works for Pacific Coastal Airlines, which is a small airline that flies from Vancouver to little northern towns like mine, and she got us Buddy Passes! YIPPEE!! For anyone who has zero clue what that means, let me explain. I tell her when I want to fly home(to Surrey :)) and she gets me on a plane as her "buddy" and I just pay taxes, which is like $30. THANK YOU JESUS!! So this not only saves mass amounts of money, it also saves mass amounts of time as the drive is like 6 hours!

Blessing #3: Being able to do Missions
Can I get a hip hip hooray for missions?! HIP HIP HOORAY!! Justin and I have been talking, ever since we have been talking, about going on a mission trip to Kenya. He went there for 3 months in 2009 and I have always wanted to go, I feel like God has placed a special love for African people in my heart. God has blessed us with great jobs and it looks like we will be going for a month in November! YAY!! It is really just in the beginning stages, but Justin booked it off work, and got the time off approved, so step 1 is completed! Yippee!!

Well, it is my day off work today, and I could probably blab about my life on here all day, but you would probably slip into a boredom coma, I would be crazy hungry, and my house would still need to be cleaned. So off I go, chat soon my lovelies!!

-E

6 comments:

  1. woohoo! i am SO excited to follow you :).
    hooray for beginnings, for cheap flights, and hooray for missions trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhhhmmm! I bet I was not one of the two of whom you thought to be reading this...:)But I love it...You are so funny with your writing and I will be reading this till you stop writing...:) Your in my bookmark tab bar...:) I am excited for you going to Africa, do you know where in Africa you will be going? The blessing the Lord gives us is awesome, for He cares for us. Have a great day niecey and love you lots.
    Aunty Patchly...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing start to the year!! Looking forward to reading about your adventures, too! I think your readers... ahem, me... would like a tour of your new house ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that everything is working out for you! Not sure when I'll ever see you (as we no longer go to JHC!) but will love following your life on your blog. Take care! Alison Wiebe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I also love your blog. I am excited to read more. I like your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love the idea of living in a small town too. But Im very attached to my church and my momma haha.

    ReplyDelete