Monday 21 January 2013

A Busy Surrey Weekend

Home sweet home! I always love to go to Surrey for a visit but I am always really happy to be back home after it. Especially if I have to leave my husband here! 

I flew down on Thursday at 11, and from there Vanessa picked me up and we went for lunch at Jenn Brooks house! It was fantastic because I haven't seen her since our wedding, and we just got along as if it hasn't been 1.5 years! After lunch Vanessa and I did some running around shopping and then went back to my parents house and hung out with them for a little while! 

Friday was another day spend shopping, but it was with my second family! Pindy, Vanessa, Alex and I went to Metrotown to find shoes for the wedding, we got frozen yogurt too...which is always a good idea! Friday night I was supposed to go over to the Botha's for dinner and bonding but they had the flu so that was a no go. So sad! So I got to go out with Vanessa to watch the Christmas production with a bunch of ladies! Woop woop! 

Saturday was a crazy busy day! Saturday morning I had breakfast with my family and then met Calla for coffee, which was fabulous as always! After our coffee date we met all the girls at David's Bridal for bridesmaids dress shopping for Vanessa's wedding! We had to go to a bunch of places to try and find a dress because we just couldn't find a good enough one in the colour we needed!! After dress shopping I headed over to Ashley's house for another bridesmaids get together for her wedding in November! We made plans for everything for her wedding and had food and just hung out! A couple of us spent the night, which I haven't done in a looooong time! 

Sunday was church, which I was really excited about because I never get to go to JH and Clint was speaking, but after the first song I got called down to work in Children's Church because the girl who was working there was crazy sick! Oh well! After church Mom, Jordan and I went to the mall to buy brother new shoes, and then I met a lady about buying her computer! Which I did and am super stoked about!! It is a MacBook Pro in super awesome condition, thanks to Justin for finding it on Craigslist! :)

It was a super awesome weekend, but definitely not restful!! To top it off I woke up this morning and was having an allergic reaction to something!! :( My legs and hands were super itchy and red, and my face was red and blotchy and my eyes were almost swollen shut! Definitely not how I wanted to see Justin for the first time after a weekend away! But Benadryl saved the day and it is gone down, especially in my face!! I have NO idea what I am allergic too but hopefully it doesn't happen again!

Now off to a baby shower for one of my very dear friends and then home to bed! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, let's see! Your itchiness started last night AFTER you got back to Williams Lake...so I figure that you must be allergic to Billy's Puddle! My suggestion so that this doesn't happen again is for you and Justin to sell your house and move back to Surrey and we can live as one big happy family! I'm sure Justin will just jump at the opportunity to live with his in-laws. lol

    Well, what did they feed you on the plane going home? Maybe it was something you ate. hehehe

    By the way....do you mind if I post your picture you sent to me this morning so everyone can see how you looked? hahaha

    Glad you are feeling better. I love you Elya.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete