Saturday 12 January 2013

Changing it up

So I figured I might as well blog! Its been a while! I came to the realization that I never blog because I never feel like my life is exciting enough for people to want to hear about. But then I realize hey! No one else's is exciting either! We are all generally just as lame! So I shall too will bore you with my daily life tasks! Hehe!

Recently Justin and I decided that it would be wise for us to make a budget and stick to it. Together we bring in a decent amount of money and sadly didn't pay much off of our debt last year. So maybe if we got a better idea of where our money has been going and make a payment plan we can stick to it and have financial success! So here is hoping that we can stick to it this year!

We also decided that in helping budgeting we should do a meal plan, I know that meal plans cut down on the amount of groceries purchased as well as make life easier by not having to decide every night when I get off work what I am going to make us for dinner. So I sat down and put one together! I've followed meal plans for myself when I've been dieting before but never necessarily had to put one together for myself! I'm sure as time goes by it will become second nature and it won't take crazy long to put one together!

I also have started to want to use my crockpot more! When we were doing our registry both of us were very anti crockpot. We didn't scan one, we didn't want one(we got 3 for our wedding), we thought they were silly. But now...good old pinterest...I have seen a couple crockpot recipes that peak my interest. So if you guys have any awesome crockpot recipes send them my way and ignite my love for this household item!

The new year has just begun and already I am so excited for what the year has to bring! Last year brought many adventures and I am looking forward to the ones that will come along with this year!

Here is to boring you more with the mundane activities of my life this year! Wahoo!!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay your blogging again. I love it :D

    We have found budgeting and keeping track of our funds sooo important. We actually find it shocking that more people don't do it. How do you not know where your money goes?

    We have a whole excel spread sheet made up on our computer and we write down every single thing we spend. That way we know when we've run out of money for the month and really can't afford anything more. Keeps us from over spending at all.

    ReplyDelete