Monday 14 January 2013

Excuses

I have been thinking about how easily we as humans make excuses for everything! Mostly because I keep making them! Excuses about not wanting to clean after I work and just wanting to rest, excuses about not putting the laundry away, excuses about not eat healthy, and mostly excuses about not working out.

I know once I get in the habit of doing all these things that it will just become second nature, its just a matter of actually getting in the routine. I just find it interesting how we can so easily come up with excuses as to why we shouldn't do something that is good for us and so many reasons to be lazy!

Justin always impresses me with his work ethic. He works 12 hour days, leaves our house at 5:15 in the morning and doesn't come home until 8 at night. Still he will often plow the driveway, or I will wake up to the dishwasher being run, or a new load of laundry in. If he can do it there is no reason why me, who works about 20 hours less than him a week can't do it as well.

This is a completely random post, and more so about motivating myself to become a better person and a better spouse! But maybe it will be an encouragement to someone else.

We can do ALL things through Christ who gives us strength. If we ask for it he can give us the help we need to become the person that He wants us to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment