Saturday 13 April 2013

Life Update

So as my friend kindly pointed out I haven't been blogging well, or updating anyone with baby info! So that's what this post is for! So if you aren't interested in my baby/pregnancy info this probably isn't the blog for you to read! :)

I've been trying to limit my posts about my baby and pregnancy so I don't swarm everyone's feeds with info about it, so maybe a blog post here and there is the way to go! :)

I am almost 17 weeks already and I can't believe how fast the time has gone! I feel like it was yesterday I was jumping up and down in our bedroom with the positive result! But here we are, over 4 months along! I have noticed a couple changes lately, which are really exciting! I feel like my belly has dropped over the past couple weeks, that I am definitely beginning to carry low, but maybe that's just me! I will post a before and after belly photo and you guys can all decide! I also started to feel baby move a little bit in there, which is the coolest and weirdest feeling ever!! I know its really early for me to be able to feel the baby, especially in my first pregnancy. But I am a google nerd so I know what I am looking for and not to just pass it off as gas! Hehe! Plus, I have never felt gas in the lower right side of my abdomen anyways!

Me at 12 weeks

Me today at 16.5 weeks

I have been having more cravings then I did in my first trimester and eating really weird things! Like last night I had an insane craving for sloppy joes, so I went out to the store and bought the stuff for it! Of course I had to cut up some pickles and mix them in there, what kind of pregnant lady would I be if I didn't add pickles?! And then I proceeded to drink 4 large glasses of milk (which I used to hate) and eat 1/4 of a jar of pepperoncini peppers! Justin described being pregnant like being high, he said out of no where you think of something you want to eat and then you have to have it, like right that moment and can't stop thinking about it. He said its like having the munchies, which I found quite humorous.

My best friend Vanessa is getting married at the end of this month, and I am crazy excited for that to happen! I was a little worried about my bridesmaids dress though, but thank God it fits! We measured me at 8 weeks pregnant and then ordered a size up, luckily it fits everywhere but is just a little snug on the belly. But Vanessa's mom is really good at sewing so is just going to cut out a panel for my belly and put in stretchy material! Woohoo!! There is a layer of chiffon overtop of the material so no one will even know. Well...no one would have even known if I didn't just tell everyone! hehe!

I have been feeling really good still! And am so thankful I didn't suffer with any morning sickness so far this pregnancy! I am just finding I'm grumpy and emotional. Its especially hard when Justin is on night shift and I just feel lonely. I can't eat cooked vegetables with this baby,  they do not sit well with my stomach. So I have been eating raw carrots, and a lot of meat and cheese! :D

We finished painting baby's room! I LOVE how it turned out, I am so excited with it! We did the main back wall with the stripes, which is the wall baby's crib & change table will be up against, and the rest of the walls are the light green! Now we are just going to paint our bedroom and then we can lay down carpet in that part of our house! We are getting a nice big tree wall decal for behind baby's crib that I think will look really good! And we got a bunch of baby stuff from friends and family which are super appreciated and take the load off a bit! We bought a crib and a stroller already, so I feel like we are making a bit of progress there! I can't wait until I can put together everything in baby's room!




Oh and we bought a boat! Justin found a really good deal on a boat down in Aldergrove so we came down last weekend and picked it up! It is a 16 ft Malibu bow rider with a wake tower but it isn't currently running. Justin did a couple of tests on it so he thinks that he can get it up and running pretty easy!! Plus, with being like 7 months pregnant this summer I won't really be able to hold onto him on the back of the Sea Doo this year either! We we figured this was a better option, plus then we can bring more people out with us!

We had our second appointment with the OB and it was really good! I found out that all my blood work seemed normal, but after this baby comes out that I need a booster for Rubella because my levels were really low! So that's kind of crazy! But we got to hear baby's heartbeat again, which is easily the best part of the appointment! This time he had more trouble finding our little peanut because baby was super low!! But he found it and baby's heartbeat was 163 bpm this time! I don't believe in "gender fetal heartbeats" so I know people may think that over 160 is a girls heartbeat but it has been proven to be totally false! So that is a clue we can rule out! Anyways, I am thinking of doing a online baby pool! So that everyone can guess what gender they think our baby is, when its going to arrive and how big he/she will be! But I'm just trying to find a good site and what exactly I want the pool to look like!

Well, Justin will be getting up from his sleep very shortly so I should go so I can spend time with him out of the 1.5 hours I get with him today! Wooooo night shift.

3 comments:

  1. Yaaaay update!

    I totally believe you are feeling baby. I felt both mine pretty early, well before 20 weeks! And yes you do appear to be carrying low, just like I do :)

    Oh and this babies heartbeat was over 160 til last month and based on our ultrasounds he is ALL boy. So your wise to ignore the old wives tales haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I definitely feel in my heart that I am having a boy, but who knows!! We will find out in September I guess!

      I did hear that your boy's heartbeats were always high too, so that solidified my belief that that particular old wives tale was of no use to me! We will see how the other ones pan out! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the colors in the room and with the brown tree it will look beautiful. Very nicely done..:)

    ReplyDelete